Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Morgan Marilyn Snyder

Last night, we welcomed a new addition to our family. Morgan was born January 26 at 8:27 PM. We went into the hospital the night before only to be sent home shortly thereafter. We went for a walk the next day to try and help things along and that did the trick. I was admitted at around 2:00 already having dilated 5 centimeters. For about an hour, I battled on my own and then I received that blessed epideral. Things went very smoothly from then on. She crowned before the doctor could even get there and so Morgan chilled for about 15 minutes with her head stuck in the ring of fire. She had a nice cone head afterwards thanks to that. A few small pushes later she was out into the world. I guessed her height and weight exactly: 7 pounds 2 ounces and 20 inches long.


She had a little bit of a hard time breathing in the beginning, so they sent her off to the NICU to be treated by a respiratory therapist. My Aunt Megan works at this hospital as a respiratory therapist and she assured us that we were in good hands. It was a little sad to see her hooked up to all that equipment, but she was a trooper and was good to go down to the well-baby nursery after about an hour.


Though we welcomed the fact that she was being such a good baby, it was good to finally hear her cry when they gave her the Hep B vaccination.



She is the most adorable little baby girl ever. We are so happy to have been blessed with a healthy baby. She has already brought us so much joy.






13 comments:

Pierce and Stacy said...

Baby Morgan is perfect! I love her already. Thanks for letting us stop by. We can't wait to have her home and right next door to us!

Jenna said...

Congratulations you guys! We are so excited for you. Baby's are such a blessing! Your life will never be the same, in a good way. We look forward to hopefully getting to see her some time in the near future!

Bryce and Katie said...

Baby Morgan is soooo precious! I can't wait to meet her. I'm glad things went so well. We are coming today, but we'll coordinate with you to make sure timing is good. Congratulations!!!!!!!

Branden said...

Brynn and Danny,

Some people throw around phrases like "precious" and "adorable" when describing their baby. Often I think, "Well I wouldn't go that far..." With your baby, however, you should pile on the superlatives. Go ahead, do it. I'll even pitch in. Your little baby is a heavenly gift of cuddlyness. Seriously, congratulations on the new addition. We are impressed.

Branden and Amanda

Lindsey Bench said...

She is so beautiful, Congrats!! If only I was following shortly....blah. Can't wait to meet her.

Erin and Corey said...

Of course Amanda and Branden have the creative, big-words comment :) (Love you, Mands) Congrats again! She is beautiful in these pics and even more beautiful in person. Seriously, I could have held her all day. Thanks again for letting me stop by!

Laura said...

Congratulations! She really is adorable!!! I can't wait to hold her!

Kristy said...

We are so excited for you guys! We can't wait for the cousins to meet each other - it's amazing to me how much they look alike. Best of luck these next few days.

Emily said...

oh Brynn! She is so adorable! She's perfect! I'd love to take pictures of her for you sometime!

Life Is Golden said...

Yay. Yay. Yay! She's perfect. Congratulations. Love ya.

Jill Collier said...

SHE IS SO CUTE!!! Congrats you guys! You will be such cute parents!! Hope you recover quick Brynn!!

The Lowe Family said...

What a babe! Even her little cry is sweet. I wish I was closer so I could come visit and meet Morgan. I can't wait to see her in her BYU cheerleader outfit.
Lots of love,
Kristin

Meredith said...

Congrats! I saw the banner outside your door so I knew she had arrived...She is beautiful!