Saturday, November 21, 2009

Flag Football Championships part 2

My flag football team (the Thundercats) five-peated this year as the women's top division champions. I have been on the team for the past three years. Danny, Kylie, Morgan, and Danny's parents were all on hand to witness the exciting event. This was definitely the most difficult of the three championship games I have played in. The majority of the other team were members of Kylie's rugby team and so they knew how to play. The first half was a defensive war, and in the closing minutes they drew first blood with an amazing touchdown pass. We got the ball at the beginning of the second half and made a slow methodical drive into the endzone. On the ensuing drive, we converted a overthrown pass into a pick six. We forced them to punt on their next drive, and once again slowly moved the ball downfield. My best play of the game came on third down and 10. I caught an underthrown pass at my knees and turned upfield averting four or five tackles. That first down sealed it for us, and we won 13-6. It was fun to celebrate with everyone, and to receive my third intramural champion t-shirt (especially since Danny designed it). Morgan was obviously excited by the win, and despite the freezing cold, shared a smile with the camera.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

congratulations! you're a champ. and a cute mom champ too. and a cute mom. with a cute baby. ok. i'm stopping now :)

Jenna said...

Nice work Brynn!!

Ty Martin said...

I cant read the champion t-shirt...what's it say?