Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Somewhere Inbetween

At the end of the summer, Brynn wrote "Dreadful Day or Day of Rejoicing" on December 1 on each calendar in our home. December 1 is the first day that any dental school in the country can accept anyone to their program. I had interviewed at three schools (University of Louisville, Creighton University, and UNLV) so hopes were high for this morning. The day, however, wasn't quite dreadful, yet there wasn't a whole lot of rejoicing. I was put on a waiting list for all three schools, which means that I will eventually get in somewhere. The hard thing is that the wait has now been extended indefinitely. December 1 was such a nice solid day, but now it basically happens when it happens. Two admissions people from Louisville were kind enough to email later today, though, and let me know that I am at the very top of their waiting list and that I can expect to get an acceptance here pretty soon. So, we will just keep on keepin on, and we will keep you posted. Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers. They are and have been greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

I'm going to offer congrats, because I know it will be due soon. We are excited for you!

Lindsey Bench said...

Well, we can definitely empathize the frustration with waiting lists, but sounds like things are pretty certain as far as getting in, just not so certain as to when. That is so great, congrats.

The Lowe Family said...

Hang in there! Waiting is torture, but worth it in the end. :) You guys would love Louisville! :)

The Lowe Family said...

Can you send me your address by commenting on my blog? I want to send you and Danny and Morgan a Christmas card.
Oh, I'm coming the 12th with Jonah. Are you going to be in Utah still?