Sunday, July 25, 2010

Louisville

Well we have been in Louisville for one week and a day. I have figured a few things out.
1. It is very hot and very humid here.
2. I can't really do my hair straight.
3. Having a swimming pool at our complex is really nice.
4. There are actually a lot of cool things to do in Louisville (the zoo, and the YMCA waterpark, etc)
5. They have Graters Ice Cream here. It is amazing. My personal favorite is coconut chip.

If anyone has tips on how to do hair in humid places, I would love to hear about them. I had no idea how hot it would get here and we went out to a BBQ on Friday and with out thinking I wore a cardigan. It is way to hot to wear a lot most anything, so I am going to have to invest in some short cap sleeve shirts. So far we have really enjoyed the city, we usually spend at least part of the day swimming.

Danny saw on our friends (Tyler and Jen's) blog a cool kids attachment for a bike. So we got one, and Morgan loves it. So we usually spend 15 or minutes a day on that. We got morgan a bike helmet and it is fun to see her run up to and try to put it on. I will have to attach pictures sometime.

I finished my Website you should check it out www.whitefielddesign.com and I am official now, so you can always send people my way. So if your getting married or know someone that is give me a shout.

Also this week my sister got published on another blog, about 6 months ago she wrote on her dreams, and this is a follow up, you can read it here.
http://daretodream.typepad.com/weblog/2010/07/kristy-williams-five-dreams-ive-dated.html

Danny is working hard each day, studying up a storm. He will be taking the dat in August and then hopefully will have a job. He is applying again to lots of schools, so hopefully we will get some interviews soon.

A girl I met named Jayda asked me if I played volleyball and her team was short a player on Tuesday so she called me up and I went out to play sand volleyball, it was 6 on 6 and a blast. Since playing I think I want to join...

Well that is pretty much what we are up to here. If you want to make a visit we would love to have you.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

BRYNN!

doing hair in humid places-I only straighten it in the winter time, and even then I usually curl it with a curling iron since it curls throughout the day with the humidity. Use lots of product and finish up with hairspray-probably teh same thing you did to do your hair curly in utah/canada.

and wear lots of skirts and t-shirts in the heat. i haven't worn anything but skirts since it hit the 80's here.

i miss you dearly! i'm glad that you are making friends and finding things to do! i'll keep sending people your way for wedding invites and such. much much love. amanda

Rebecca Lowe said...

hey! i read your sister's article -- loved it. i love that idea of "dating" your dreams. i need to get on that.

also, i checked out your new website -- totally legit. way to go! that is awesome.

good looking figuring out how to do your hair! that is the number one reason i could never live in humidity! haha, but seriously.

Erin and Corey said...

hi friend. I posted on your sister's blog about her awesome article. She is a really good writer. I'm glad to hear you are doing so well and that you are enjoying your move. I've been checking your blog daily to hear the update on the move. We leave in a month so I'm looking to you for any advice (as it's been 7 years since I made a move like this). About the hair, my hair is as straight as they come so I'm not so good with curls. All I can say is to invest in hair product that is good with humidity. I did so in NY and it helped with the frizz.

I really do miss you guys. It's not often that people find friends like you. Keep us posted and let's plan a trip to meet in the middle sometime (we are about 10 hours apart)!

theemilyray said...

Hey Brynn!

Consider finding a beauty school and have them chemically straighten your hair (much much cheaper at a beauty school). Have them do a sample first to make sure it doesn't damage your hair, but straightening REALLY helps in humidity.

Sheila MacLennan said...

Hi Brynn, Danny and Morgan, We miss you all esecially Morgan, she is a delightful little girl. Loved you video of her and of course the updates of your doings. , Love Gram