Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wonderfully Warm Christmas

Morgan in the outfit Aunt Devynn gave her (Morgan really does love Devynn)

I thought Morgan could climb out of this hole, My family did not.
Morgan loves coconut icecream
Danny getting ready to ride the waves
Morgan is so cute, she loved eating this black sand.
Most of the Family (notice the awesome skim board danny made)
Morgan with some art from Aunt Devynn
Using our money from the Mexican Fiesta to bid on prizes.

Morgan with Kenzie and Brady back in Canada

This Christmas was a blast. We traveled to Alberta on Dec 18th, made some wonderful chocolates (my favorite was the Olypium Cream coconut chocolates), then as a family went to Mexico on the 24th till the 30th and then left on the 4th of January.

My favorite parts of the trips included:

Mexico
Tennis Games in the Morning
Beach Volleyball Games (and Joel's ability to find keys in the sand)
Water Basketball (even though Eric was never on my team)
Snokeling
Watching everyone else get stung by the jelly fish
Saving the Baby Turtles with Kylie
Scuba Diving (danny is approved, I just did a little with an instructor)
We saw an eel, blowfish, starfish, stingrays, it was awesome
Attempting to Skim Board (Danny was very good at this)

Canada
Making Chocolates
Eating Christmas Eve Dinner
Hockey Game

After this trip I have learned that I do not like humidity, I need to shower when it is humid, Morgan really likes to eat sand, Apply sunscreen very often, Don't guard Kylie while playing water basketball, My mom can shoot a basketball really well, I love coconut ice cream and so does Morgan, My family really likes non alcoholic caesars and pina colodas, Morgan has no fear, Danny is really good at Ice Hockey, and I get sick on scuba boats when they go over waves in the ocean.




6 comments:

Lindsey Bench said...

I can't decide if I am more happy for you guys or more jealous. Welcome back to the tundra!

Jenna said...

Fun trip! I so wish we could have seen you guys.....but we had to do our H1N1 shots on the day we were supposed to come in to Leth, and Anni was just not feelin' too snappy. Maybe next year!!
Sure do miss you though!
Jenna

Whitney J said...

Sounds like a fun trip! And good job Danny on that skim board! Very impressive :)

whitney johnson said...

P.S. just leaving another comment in case you were wondering what Whitney that above comment is from...

Megan and Ben Smith said...

Wow! It sounds like you guys had a blast! So glad you are back.

The Lowe Family said...

Sooo jealous! Where did you guys go in Mexico. I'll have to tell my parents and hint that we go next Christmas. :)